Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Our First Cold of the Season

The bug struck Aubree last week and she generously shared it with both her Mommy and Daddy.  I started feeling sick on Friday and by Saturday it had hit Kerry too.  I guess it is just a little cold that is going around, but it sure has made us feel terrible.  We have all been coughing and sneezing like crazy.  However, on Friday Bebe met me in Mesquite with Bree at Babies'R'Us where we had Bree's 18 month pictures taken.  This was not the funnest thing for Bree being that she was still sick and had a runny nose, but the pictures turned out good.  She just didn't have as much fun as usual and she was a little less cooperative.  But, now that I know how she felt, I really think she did excellent.  After having her pictures done we took her to see Dr. Holt her pediatrician.  He thought she looked well, but the little runt only weighed 19lbs 6 oz which put her in the 3rd percentile in her age group.  This was a little concerning to us all.  She was 29 3/4 inches long which put her in the 6th percentile.  Aubree has always came in low in the percentiles, but this is the lowest she has ever been.  However the girl is a big eater.  She is not picky what so ever and will eat anything and everything.  So we are hoping there is nothing wrong and she just has a good metabolism.  However, we did schedule her for a sonogram of her kidneys and a VCUG test to check her out, given her recent urinary tract infection and now the low weight.  Please pray with us for the test to be as painless as possible and for everything to turn out okay.    After the appointment Bebe and I took Bree straight to Abuelos for some fine mexican food to try to fatten the girl up a little.(I wish I had that problem!!)  Then after we all got our tummies full we went to the mall to walk it off and do some shopping.    Bree especially loved playing on the indoor playground.  She ran around as if she were as big as the 5 and 6 year old kids there.  We finally called it a night when the mall closed and headed back to G.S.  Saturday Bree and I rode with Pa and Mema to the Golden Sweet Potato Festival.  They had a great parade and Bree really got into running after the candy that was thrown her way.  She had both her hands as full as possible.  It is amazing at how fast she picks up on things.  We all had a good time at the festival.  Saturday night Kerry kept Bree while Mom and I enjoyed a night at the American Airline Center watching the Dallas Stars play.  Although I haven't had as much time lately to watch the Stars play, I really enjoy watching them.  Talk about a good game, too.  It went into overtime and sadly the Stars lost 6-5.  But Mom and I still had so much fun.  On Sunday the colds really set in and we were all very tired.  We spent the day resting and Kerry and I worked a little in the afternoon on painting the trim in our house.  Kerry has this week off from work and has been working really hard on the house.  I will post pictures soon of the house and Bree's 18 month beauties.  Happy Halloween to Everyone!!!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you all and I hope that Bree's tests come out okay. Hopefully, I will see you guys in town Friday. If you need anything just let me know. :)
~Love Janae

Abigael said...

I cannot believe how BIG Bree has gotten! I can't wait for her and abigael to meet. See you guys soon. PS- I send out shutterfly pics, but I don't have your email address. Mine is artsyashley@hotmail.com If you get a chance, would you send me yours? Love yall!- The Rogers