Monday, August 18, 2008

Still Homeless

Well as you probably know we are still working on our new house. This remodeling is quite a process. I must be honest though, lately we have been slacking a bit. The house has not been one of our priorities. We have been busy spending time with family and friends. Kerry's sister Emily was in town and we have just been preoccupied with a family wedding and lots of other family fun. Congratulations to Mike & Ashley Baker!! Your wedding was absolutely beautiful! We spent the day recently visiting with Katy and loved her new house in Corinth. Holly and Emma met us there and we took the girls swimming in Katy's pool. It was go good to hang out with some of my dearest girlfriends from elementary school. Bree and Emma are 6 weeks apart and they played so well together. They kept hugging and kissing each other. They are both very lovey girls. They were even holding hands a lot. Talk about cute!! I was also so glad I got to stop by The Medical Center of Lewisville and say Hello to all my old co-workers. I miss you all so much and it was great to see you. Well we have had an up and down time with Bree's new kittens. They disappeared from Mom's on Wed. morning and were gone all weekend and then on Sunday nite Kerry and I were on the back of our land putting out some deer corn when we heard a meow. We both started calling the kitties and out of the woods ran Spice. How she got to our land is a mystery to us. sadly we have not found Sugar, but Bree was so glad to see Spice when we brought her home. She was looking for Sugar the rest of the nite though. Which saddens me. But what can I do? We are thankful though to have Spice back safely. Well Bree is still a doll baby. We were in the Miss Canton pageant 2 weeks ago and the beauty received 4 awards. We were so honored. She got plaques for Best Dress, Most Beautiful, The Red, White & Blue Modeling Category and received a crown for the queen of 12-23 month age group. We had so much fun and she walked across the stage like such a big girl. Aubree loves attention and will put on a show whenever the chance arises. Needless to say she was not scared and laughed when her time to go onstage came. Although her Daddy and I are not big pageant people I think there is a lot children can learn from them and as long as they have the right attitude going into it then there is no harm done. I prayed a lot the week before the pageant that God would give me the right attitude going into this and that no matter what the outcome I would still think just as highly of Bree and the other contestants. Bree and I love to dress up and that is exactly what the day was all about. Bree wore a beautiful dress and had fun running around playing with the other kiddos. Thanks Amie and Hollie for all your help getting ready for the pageant. And thanks to all my family and friends for coming to the pageant and supporting us. What a blessing you are in our lives.

No comments: