Sunday, August 31, 2008

Always give thanks to God the father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5:20

I have really been feeling a sense of gratefulness lately. From the moment I wake up in the morning my heart is filled with warmth. Usually the first thing I see when I open my eyes is this precious little 16 month old girl laying next to me sleeping so peacefully and my wonderful husband on the other side of me. Immediately I am overwhelmed with a sense to thank God for the joy and pleasure Aubree brings to our world. As I watch her sleep I am amazed at how beautiful and perfect everything about her is. God has graciously given me a wonderful family. Everyday I am amazed at how much Aubree is learning and changing. She is talking so much. She started say Uhh ooh this week and just last night we heard her singing Old MacDonald Had A Farm. Although we weren't sure what she was singing at first. The verses of the song are kinda gibberish but then when it comes to the ee-i-ee-i-o part she sings it loud and proud. It is so precious. She is such a delight to be around. She can also say and point to almost all of her (or your) body parts. Careful though she does poke your eye pretty hard and it'll hurt if your not paying attention. Bree is really at an independent stage. She wants to be such a big girl. Specially when it comes to eating. She wants to feed herself with out any help. This gets pretty messy! She loves to play with her babies and feed them their bottles too, although most of the time she ends up trying to drink their juice from the pretend bottles and doesn't understand why nothing comes out. She has her own sign language. When she is looking for something she turns her lil hands up and walks around looking so lost. It is so cute. Being that time flies by so fast and we are usually so busy, we have been spending any free time we have at home as a family enjoying Bree. Kerry and I have agreed that our time with Bree goes by way too fast and we need to start spending more time enjoying the simple moments in life. Although I am so grateful for the time we have together, I do feel that the time with Bree has gone by way to fast. I am happy to see her grow and learn, but also a lil sad when I think of how fast she has changed. In church today Bro. Ronald started a new series on Fireproofing your Marriage. Kerry and I greatly appreciated the sermon and it is our prayer to remember to submit, love and respect each other as we face the trials of daily life. We usually try to follow this anyway, however in the crazy everyday world we don't always remember to honor each other as much as we should. The series is shadowed by a movie coming to theaters at the end of September. From the clips I have already seen it seems very beneficial for all couples. We are looking forward to the upcoming sermons and the movie. For now we are trying to enjoy each other and remember to thank God for the blessings in our lives and enjoy our precious gift from God.

No comments: