Thursday, December 18, 2008

I absolutely love Christmas time. Last Friday and Saturday night we spent with friends at holiday parties. Saturday was the "Magnificent 7" as my girlfriends and I were called in high school, party at Audra's house. We gathered around 4:30 with all the children. There are 5 girls and 1 lonely boy. We are working on a second generation of Mag. 7's. All the girls are really close in age so it is so fun to watch them interact. And Hardy, well he is our ladies man!! One day he will appreciate being the only boy, but for now he is surrounded by dolls, pink toys and girly bows. Poor thing!! The kiddos had fun exchanging gifts and enjoyed decorating sugar cookies Audra made for them. Then the little ones all went with their Daddy's or grandparents so the 7 of us could enjoy an all adult dinner. We ate at Posados in Lindale and man was it good. I had a blast spending time with the girls. We went back to Audra's and played the white elephant gift exchange, which is always interesting and enjoyed our time visiting. As always the night flew by and the next morning it was sad to say farewell. I really love these girls and we all share a very special relationship that seems to thrive even with us all living in different areas and in different stages of our lives. These girls and I have been friends since elementary school and are the kind of people who I know I can always count on...good or bad. We are so blessed to have each other. Sunday we celebrated my SIL b-day at Kerry and Debbie's. I am also very fortunate for my in laws. I am definitely surrounded by wonderful friends and family. We took Bree to MSBC Festival of Lights. The program was great, but Bree is still too little to really enjoy it. She slept thru the whole thing. Little doll!! We have had a pretty busy week. I have officially gotten all my presents wrapped for Christmas. Lets just hope I haven't forgotten any one. Bree has helped us do a lot of baking and candy making. She loves to help. She is so funny. I just love this stage in her life. She is talking so well. Wednesday was my office Christmas lunch and our theme was mexican food. I made 7 layer dip and we all enjoyed our party. The staff all exchanged gifts which was fun and very entertaining. While I am counting my blessings, I am fortunate to have a career I love and to work in a lovely office with wonderful people and a great doctor. I really do still love scanning and it is nice to get to know my patients and their families. Tonight Bree is spending the night with Bebe and Gramps, so Kerry and I can have our weekly date night. Thursday nights are officially are time together as a couple. We usually have dinner somewhere or do whatever we chose. I am not sure what we will decide to do tonight, there are a couple of movies out that interest me. So I guess we will see. This weekend I have a party in Greenville on Friday evening and then we have a family party and one with some of our G.S. couple friends on Saturday. I can't wait! I love all the festive parties. Have a great weekend!! XOXOX

1 comment:

Katy said...

I had so much fun as well!! Can't wait to see you again. I hope you guys have a very merry christmas.
Love you!