Sunday, December 7, 2008

Holiday Fun

We spent the weekend getting caught up on sleep and settling in our home. Bree enjoyed relaxing around the house in her Christmas pj's. We read her at the time fav. book for the gillionth time. It's the Princess Fairytales. She picks that book every night to read. Talk about getting old, but she won't have anything else right now. Saturday we had some family pictures taken and Bree was such a lil ham. She really likes to have her picture taken..wonder where she gets that from? For those of you who know me, you know I don't go anywhere with out a camera. I am very picture happy! Cara at Magical Memories gave her a candy cane when we were done and she ate the whole thing before we pulled into our driveway. I think she might have liked it! Now when she sees them hanging on Nona's tree she thinks she has to have one. I told her no, and she asked me "why?" I had no idea that all would start this early. She has been asking me why a lot this weekend. It makes me laugh, I just had no idea she would start that so early. Kerry got our closet shelves finished so I unpacked the boxes in our closet. It was so cool finding all my clothes, shoes and purses that I hadn't seen in 6 months. It's like I have a whole new wardrobe. I love it!! Saturday afternoon we took Aubree to see the Christmas parade downtown. Bree loved the tractors and horses and of course the candy she picked up. We asked if she wanted to go see Santa and she said,"yes"with a smile. So we followed the crowd to the depot to see Santa but when we got to the front of the line and it was our turn Bree started to panic. She held on to me as tight as she could and started to cry hysterically. There was no way she was going to sit in Santa's lap. Needless to say I had my picture made holing Bree next to Santa. We really enjoyed the Winter Bizarre and all the fun Christmas activities. Sunday we started our holiday season off with the 1st Christmas Party. We had the Miller Family Christmas. This is my Mema's mother's side of the family. It was a big turn out. My Mema's Uncle Timmis Miller who is 91 was the only sibling who is still alive of the 8 siblings of my Mema's mother. It is really neat to see all the extended family from my Mema's side and I am blessed that everyone is so close. Bree enjoyed lunch and playing out on the slide with all her distant cousins. But I must say I think her favorite part was present time. Mema gave her present to her and she immediately tore the bow off and started to unwrap it. This year Christmas is going to be so much fun for her. She knows all about presents now and how to tear into them. It was so fun to watch her tear into the package. Sunday evening Bree and Nona made Christmas cookies. Bree actually ate mor than she made, but she was still a good helper. Nona always makes the best Christmas cookies and candy and it was fun for Bree to help her like her Mommy use to do. I can't wait for the rest of our Christmas activities. We have 2 parties next Friday, 1 Saturday, 2 the next weekend and then who knows what all we will be doing the week of Christmas. We always have a very busy holiday season and I wouldn't want it any other way. I love seeing all the friends and family for the holidays! Speaking of family, Kerry's Grandmother Burnett received some, plain out BAD news from her oncologist this last week. She has lung cancer again. For those of you who know Gigi, she is one of the strongest women I know. Please pray for her as she will be going thru a lot this holiday season. May everyone have a blessed week. XOXOXO ( Oh, I found these pictures from Bree's 1st b-day and decided to post them since I never did. I can't believe how much she has changed in just a few months.)

No comments: