Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Memories

Well I am copying this from my girlfriend Holly, thanks for the great idea. I loved reading your memories. Now, I am going to tell you about some of my favorite Christmas memories. Christmas in my house was always so much fun growing up. With Christmas music loudly playing in the radio my Mom would let my sister, Malena and I help decorate the tree and put up the lights outside on the house. We had theses lil wood characters and so many lights I use to think it looked like a Christmas wonderland at our house. And then we would go inside and spend the evening making Christmas sugar cookies from scratch. We would cut out trees, bells, gingerbread men, santa claus, and stars from the most delicious dough. So good we would get into trouble for eating it raw. Then we would cover them in our choice of sprinkles and bake them to perfection. We also helped Mom make peanut brittle, fudge and my favorite, peanut butter balls. These memories are so precious to me. My mother and sister both love to cook and are very good at it, I must say. As for me, well I didn't inherit that gene, but I do love to make Christmas cookies and candy with some of my favorite people. This is one of my very favorite memories and I was so thrilled to include Bree in the baking this year. May we have many more wonderful memories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love all your pictures and reading about your Christmas memories. I'm sure Bree loved helping make the cookies as Maddux likes to help me in the kitchen too (especially with sweets). Thanks for the sweet comment on my last post. It meant a lot to me. Love~Janae