Thursday, July 23, 2009

It has been hard for me to get back into the groove of things at work after being off last week. I enjoyed sleeping in, lounging around and the fun filled days I got to spend with Bree. We spent most of the week camping in our rv trailer at whispering pines resort. My family was there all week and it was so nice to enjoy the beautiful, HOT summer outdoors. We did a lot of swimming to cool off. Which is one of Bree's fav. summer activities. She is learning tho. I spent about 30 min a day working with her on kicking and moving her arms. She can do it... when she wants to. That's about how things go around our house. We like to think we are in control, but a lot of the time it is our very own little"PRINCESS" that is ordering us around. Sad, I know...but we don't go out of the boundaries of what's safe and what is right. Pretty much she just tells us when she wants to swing, or swim, or what she wants to wear, or when she wants a sucker. ( Suckers are her favorite treats. My Mema bought a huge bag of 500 dum dums from Sam's, so thanks to her we have plenty on hand.)Things like that. And of course we all enjoy making her happy. Anyways, this past weekend was the "Riggle Reunion". My grandfather has a large family. He is one of 8 children. I cannot imagine how his parents survived 8 children. One keeps us busy enough! (For now, anyways) Well, every summer all his siblings and their families get together for a weekend long reunion. They have been doing this for as long as I can remember...even before I was thought of. For the last 7 years it has been at Whispering Pines Resort, which is one of our favorite camping places. It has a lot to offer. Very nicely kept, beautiful cabins for those who don't rv, 2 pools(1 for adults and 1 for children), jumping pillow(kinda like a huge, cushiony pillow set in the ground) sand volleyball, tennis courts, basketball, putt-putt golf course, horseshoe pits, nature walks and much more. It really is a great place to spend some time relaxing with ur family. We always have a great time!! And as always it was so nice to spend some time with my Pa's family. Our time together is usually centered around lots of good eating. We have these huge breakfast where everyone brings something and then throughout the day there are snacks and then lunch together and of course every evening we met in the air conditioned building for an enormous supper together, which was followed by an assortment of homemade ice cream. My family loves to eat!! And there is always plenty of delicious food at our gatherings. The theme for this year was "Survivor" and we played some really fun games. Bree especial loved the crafts for the kids. The cereal necklaces were her favorite. She enjoyed eating her fruit loops off the necklace even more than she enjoyed stringing them. It was fun to spend time with my cousins, who I have always admired and to see Bree playing with their children, which are her cousins too. There were around 90 people at the reunion. We are always so pleased with how many families come and participate in the weekend long event. Its neat how we have such a large family and everyone gets along. I mean our family is very close and there is no division among us. We are all always there for one another and it is cool that we still get together every summer. We get together at Christmas and through out the year too, but the summer reunion is really great. I am so blessed by my large, close family. This week we have been trying to get caught back up on things around the house. No fun I know, but it had to be done. I hope everyone has a great weekend! XOXOX

No comments: