Sunday, February 8, 2009

House Painting

We have had a very busy week getting the house ready to paint. Kerry worked very hard caulking the house and sealing everything so that we could get started. We spent the weekend in our painting clothes. We are using a color called sand dollar on the upper half of the house and practical time on the brick and trim. Kerry painted the back of the house on Friday while I was at work. Then on Saturday and Sunday he worked on the upper half of the house and the trim while I rolled the brick on the bottom and then helped him paint the trim. I also got on the roof and painted the chimney. I must admit that this was the funniest thing ever. I felt so important and like I was really accomplishing something. Bree enjoyed playing outside and watching us paint. It was fun for her to get to spend so much time out doors. The sunny days were so nice and we all enjoyed being outside. I must say that I really had a fun time working with Kerry. It was fun to see the progress we were making and to share in the accomplishment together. By 5pm Sunday afternoon we had completed most of the painting. Kerry still needs to case out the pole on our front porch and paint it and the doors are going to be painted black and there are a few touch ups left to do, but it really looks very good at this point. We were amazed at how much the painting changed the look of the house. We love it. However, we would still like to extend the deck and put a rail around it and then stain it. And we also want to build a dock with a rail on the pond next to our house and paint the gates black and then also put up a new mailbox. So, we are thrilled to have it painted but we do have a lot of projects left to do. However, I know it will all come in time and I am enjoying all the hard work and progress we have made thus far. Kerry has done a great job and he has made our home very comfortable and although it is a small country house, it is exactly what we want right now and we are all very happy with our home and land. Lately we have been focusing more on spending time with our family and friends. We are cherishing the small moments in life with Bree. Teaching her and learning along with her. I have found myself in a state where the things that were once so important to me seem so minor right now. All I know is I feel a part of my soul has now found more happiness and peace in spending more time with the husband and daughter God has blessed me with. So often in life the days fly by without me really knowing where the time went and that scares me to think of my life passing by so fast. So, I have decided to focus everyday on slowing my life down and enjoying the precious moments God has blessed me with. Bree loves to run and play and especially likes to ride thru our pasture in Daddy's truck. She has taught me to treasure the small things in life that I often overlook. I love how innocent and sweet spirited Bree is. I want to be more open and care free as she is. We are so blessed to be back in our home town with our families and friends. It is the little things in life that are the most important to us and we are enjoying slowing it down a little and doing the small town things we love. I have finally posted some pictures of our home and our new paint job. And although the work turned out nicely and I am very happy with everything, I am also very thankful for all the memories that were made during the process of getting it all done. Thanks for checking on us. I hope everyone has a great week. XOXO

2 comments:

Katy said...

Amanda the house looks great! I would love to see it in person - hopefully soon! I know I say that a lot! ha
Thanks for showing where all "the magic happens" haha..you are crazy. I am so glad you posted the pics - it really looks good and I know you guys have put a lot of work into that house. I will call you soon - give Bree kisses.
Love you!

Anonymous said...

I think your house is absolutely beautiful! You guys have done a great job with the painting as well as the decorating on the inside. I am going to have to hire you. :)
Hope everyone is doing well. Maybe when it gets a little warmer we can take the kids to the park.
Love~Janae