Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sweet Day

Today I found myself thinking a lot about my sister, Malena Louise Spencer. Today would have been her 32nd birthday and I cannot help but to think of all the wonderful birthdays we got to share with her. For as far back as I can remember Mom always made us feel so special on our birthdays. She would always let us pick where or what we had for supper on our birthday and she always had a cake with ice cream just the way we liked it. We also always got flowers at school or work or wherever we were and a sweet card and a present or money, which ever we preferred. Mom made our birthdays a big celebration and a very special time for us all. I have way too many fond memories to share them all on here, but they will forever be cherished in my heart. I also find myself day dreaming of what Malena would be like today and what we would have spent the day doing with her. For sure we would have gotten pedicures and mani's cuz that was one of Malena's favorite things for us girls to do together. I miss celebrating her birthday with her and really enjoyed spending the day looking at pictures of her past birthdays and recalling the laughter and joy we shared on those special days of celebrating her life on this earth. How sweet our time was together and I am so thankful we were such a close, loving family who shared so much together. Malena Louise Spencer Nov. 24,1977 - June 19, 2004(Sorry some of the pictures are out of order but it wouldn't let me rearrange them and save them.)

No comments: