Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Another Mega Post

The month of September was filled with a lot of excitement and good times. My high school girlfriends hosted a baby shower for one of our dearest, Katy Jarmon Cranfill. We had a wonderful time showering her with the cutest baby boy gifts around. Mom made a delectable white, baby carriage cake. That turned out perfectly! (If I do say so myself.) It was a great time with dear friends and Katy was absolutely glowing. I can't wait to meet Mr. Brady Cranfill in another month or so. The 10th was another milestone for me, I turned 29. The day started off great as I was greeted at work with a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my family. They were from Kerry, Bree, Mom, Mema & Pa. Last year I received 2 bouquets, one from Kerry and Bree and the other from Mom, Mema & Pa. As u can imagine I had a difficult time transporting them home, so I dropped a "hint" of how much easier it would b for them to go in together next time. I guess they must have been listening. The girls at work surprised me with a gorgeous chunky, hot pink and zebra print necklace that I had been wishing for and an Italian cream cake. (my absolute fav!!) Then, my Mema made my favorite chicken and dumplings for me for supper and gave me this gorgeous, new chocolate brown bedding. I also received a card and money from my in laws. I had a great day and the celebrations had just begun. Mom, Bree and I spent the day Friday in Dallas shopping. We even made a stop by the Medical Center of Lewisville, which is where I worked for 6 yrs before we moved to GS. It was great to see most of my old co-workers and let them see how big Bree has gotten. After visiting for a while we got back to our shopping and closed the shops down. Saturday Bree stayed with Nona while Kerry and I went out w 4 other couples to an excellent dinner at Four Winds Steak House. Yum-O!! Then we headed out to Silver Saloon for some good ole live music and dancing. Another fav of mine! We had a terrific time and I loved every minute I got to spend with our close friends who all came out for my birthday. Sunday afternoon Mom made dinner for me and again I got to pick what we ate. She made me the best cheese manicotti ever that was followed with delicious Oreo cookie cake. Good thing I wasn't dieting cuz my bday weekend was full of good food. Which I dearly love!! I had an awesome birthday and was blessed to share it with my family and friends. Kerry's grandmother "Gigi" celebrated her 76th birthday Sept. 14th and then my Mema also celebrated her bday on Sept. 19th. She turned the big 76 too and is still going strong. We are blessed to have all of our grandparents still with us and what a joy it is to celebrate their birthdays with them. On the 20th Kerry and I went with 2 other couples to see the 1st Dallas Cowboys season game in their new home. OMG!! It is fabulous! Jerry did an amazing job. Talk about impressive. The game was close but we lost to the Giants, but it was still an awesome time. I am so excited for the upcoming football season. Kerry and I are both passionate about college and pro football. We love this time of year cuz the weekends are full of good times cheering for our fav teams from the edge of our couch. I LOVE IT!! Bree and Kerry are both enjoying school. Kerry is doing so good. Probably not having as much fun as Bree is at her school, but he has made 100 on 3 of the 4 test they have taken and 110 on the 4th one. That's impressive too, huh? At least, I am impressed. We have been loving this beautiful fall weather. Bree and I enjoy walking Alex in the evenings in the cool fall air. And we have been spending a lot of time out on our deck. We are especially enjoying eating and playing outside. Bree ask to play in her sand box almost every day here lately. The girl plays so good by herself and has a huge imagination. I love to watch her be creative with the things she makes out of the sand. She is such a joy to be around. Thank goodness I have her to take my mind off of Kerry being away at school. We both wait anxiously every evening for him to come home. Secretly hoping his classes ended early and he will be home before we are expecting him. Although, I miss him like crazy I am glad he has this oppertunity. We are so blessed!! Thanx for checking on us. HAPPY FALL! GO COWBOYS & LONGHORNS!! XOXOX

No comments: