Wednesday, November 26, 2008

We have had a wonderful week of moving in. Friday the Phiillips' and Dugan's came over and all the girls had so much fun playing. Bree especially loved doing flips with the girls through our, at the time, empty den. The guys moved a load while Bree was entertained with the company. We moved the rest of our stuff on Saturday. Now for the fun stuff...decorating the walls. Kerry especially loves this. Just kidding. I am such a pest trying to get him to help me hang everything. But I must say at this point in time I am completely happy with how the house looks on the inside. It has been a challenge trying to fit the furniture we had in a 2500 sq. foot home into a 980 sq. foot home. This has been very tough, but Bree's bedroom furniture all fit in her room, as did our bedroom furniture and our den furniture fit as well. And to top it off, I even have as much cabinet space as before. After putting all my kitchen boxes away, I still have 2 empty cabinets. So , I must say I am very surprised at how well everything is fiting. The one thing I do miss though is all the extra closet space I had. I guess I will just have to get rid of a lot of the junk we don't use very much. That should be a fun process. We are still working on unpacking the boxes in our closets, but other than that it is coming along very well. Hopefully we can hurry up and get the inside decor done so we can start fixing up the outside. You know how it goes, there is always a project when you own your own home. On a high note we had a great time at the Dallas Cowboys game last Sunday. We got started early with Breakfast at IHOP and then went straight to the game. It was a fun game. Audra and I sported our pink jerseys that we decorated with rhinestones. Since the boys played great we were proud to be wearing them. After the game we stopped at Northpark for dinner at Maggianos. Talk about delicous. Then we did a lil shopping and headed back to GS. What a great day. Go Cowboys!! Monday, Nov., 24th was a very special day for my family. It would have been my dear sister, Malena's 31st b-day. I spent the day remembering all the good times we had and found piece knowing she wouldn't want me to be sad but to celebrate the 26 years we did have together here on earth. Birthdays are huge in my family so it was hard for me not to think about what we would have been doing for her birthday. Actually, I can probably guess. She would have wanted to go out to eat and then my grandmother would have made her favorite, Italian creme cake. I miss her so badly. This time of the year is always very tough on my family. Although, I must tell you Bree delighted me the other night when I got her out of the tub, we walked thru the hall by my sister's picture and Bree pointed to it and said, "Nina." I was so proud. We always point to her pictures and tell Bree about Nina so I was thrilled that she was absorbing it. Malena loved children and I can only imagine how much she would have adored Bree. Sometimes it hurts me when I think of all Bree is missing out on by not getting to know Malena. In so many ways Bree reminds me of my sister. I love it when she does something to remind me of her. Not that I need reminding, I think of her everyday. I tell Bree stories of her and want her to know her thru me. Mom and Bree took a vase of flowers to the cemetery to honor Nina's birthday. It is a very special day to us all. We are super excited to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with all of our family and friends. And we can't wait to see everyone. Happy Turkey Day to everyone...please have a safe and happy holiday and know that I am very thankful to have u in my life. Please take this oppertunity to tell your family and friends what they mean to u, u will never regret sharing your feelings with them. XOXOXO

No comments: