Monday, September 29, 2008

Making Progress

We worked so hard on Sunday afternoon on our house. We had a painting party and were amazed at how much got accomplished. We painted the entire house including the ceilings all except for the kitchen and family room ceilings. It looks great. The kitchen, main room and bath are painted kilim beige and our bedroom is done in hopsack. I am not sure as to what I am going to do to Bree's room yet. Her nursery in our old house was done in pink and cream stripes, which I absolutely loved but I can't decide if I want to do them on her room now. It is a smaller room and I just don't know how it will look. I have posted some pictures of her old room, and would love to know what you think. For now I did her room in the cream , which is actually antique white and am waiting to decide what else I should do. I have played with the idea of doing a chair rail and doing stripes half way down the wall. I know I am going to hang her name and do the same bedding and window treatment. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Kerry's talented Aunt Beth is coming in November and is going to help us again, so we have a lil time to decide. She did an excellent job on the stripes in the nursery, so I know whatever we come up with will be beautiful. We took Bree to the State Fair of Texas on Sat. and had a wonderful time. My Mom, Gramps, Bebe, Aunt Alice and Uncle Charlie went with us. Bree especially loved the bird show. Her favorite part was when a bird took a dollar out of her hand. She laughed so hard. She also enjoyed the rides and games. The ducky game was so fun to watch her play and we let her pick out her own prize. For those of you who know Aubree you won't be surprised that she picked a brown puppy dog. She grabbed it and instantly started kissing and hugging it. Probably not the most sanitary thing, but it was so sweet. The fun house was another one of her favorites. We all enjoyed watching her discover all the wonders of the fair. Kerry and I have been going to the fair since our first year together in 2001. We always enjoy all the neat shows and booths and loved sharing this special event with our daughter. Another highlight this weekend was the Marcus vs Lee football game in Tyler. We went with Justin & Audra to meet Katy Cranfill. Her husband, Greg is the quarterback coach for Marcus. What a game! We enjoyed it just about as much as we enjoyed visiting with Katy. Thanks for inviting us, Katy...hopefully we will see you again at Homecoming. Thanks for checking on us. I will try to post some house pictures soon. XOXOX

No comments: